wont boot?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AaronN322

OK, i just built a computer, MB= K7S5A, Pros= AthalonXP 2000+, VidCard= 128mb ddr Asylum, ram=256mb pc2100, hd=maxtor 60gb. It has the newsest Bios. When I go to boot it, It only goes to "Checking NVRAM" and then stops. It doesn't show how much ram I have. Also, if I restart it off, I have to clear the CMOS jumpers, or I do not see anything on my monitor, any sugestions?

remove everything from case, except the devices you need to have to boot up, and spread everything out on a table. start here and see if it boots, if it does, start adding other devices until you find the problem.

Is this right 'Johnwill'?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome....if you have more than one ram chip, try each separately.

go into bios and check that your ram settings are the same as what you've installed. on some bios if you over clock the cpu the ram will go up automaticlly. for instance a pc100 ram will go up to pc 133 automaticlly, and this will cause boot problems and black screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online