1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WOn't let me connect to my wireless network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by compgeek101, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compgeek101

compgeek101 Thread Starter

Hello, i have just recently set up a network that has wirless campabilities. I am using a Netgear MR814v2 Router. I an connect my desktop and laptop wired to the router and use the internet and have them talk to each other and everything that a network can do. When i try to use my wireless on my laptop it tells me there are one or more wireless networks to connect to. When i tell it to connect to it it closes the window and the message pops up at the bottom of the screen to the right telling me there are one or more wireless networks to connect to. Any ideas on how i can get my laptop to connect wirelessly to the network? Thanks a bunch.

2. compgeek101

Can no one help me on this? I really need to get this fixed. Please help!!!

3. compgeek101

Heres some more info. My desktop, which i have set up as the server computer, has windows xp home, and my laptop has pro. It won't let me run the network wizard on the desktop, when it starts to configure it is says blah blah blah has errored or something like that, it needs to close. OCuld this be part of my problem? Do think putting a firewall or enabling wep will help? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice