1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wont load up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 75andsunny, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 75andsunny

75andsunny Thread Starter

Just saw this on some website ,"Some machines (Hp, other) don't include tasklist.exe. So as you know I have an Hp.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Yes. I saw what you posted.
    All that we have done to try and repair the system files, has failed.
    I am not sitting in front of your pc and I think you are out of options.

I suggest that you start making a back up of all your data and files.
    Because the next time you turn on your pc - it may not boot to your desktop.

If that happens, you will lose all of your data and files.
    Start backing up your data - now.

3. 75andsunny

I greatly appreciate all your help .There are two questions I keep asking and they have not been answered. Please forgive me for my naivety. 1. I said I had the display driver program on a flash drive, I was having problems with the monitor displays flashing/crashing recently and nvidea sent me drivers software to download that I did not yet load, could this be advisable to load up ??? . 2. I posted above , a line I copied and pasted from another site explaining why tasklist command does not work . I found this info that says ,"Some machines (Hp, other) don't include tasklist.exe." So as you know I have an Hp. Would this be why when I finally got to that it did not work ??
    Thank you. Update : There is a selection after pressing f8 on start up that gives me "Last Known good configuration(advanced) . Is this something to try ?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. blues_harp28

Yes, install the Nvidia drivers.
    I suggested in post # 36 - to "Strip it down to one monitor keyboard-mouse."
    It will help you to isolate the problem to just have one monitor, keyboard-mouse connected to the pc.
    Did you do that?

75andsunny said:
    Yes, that is the reason it did not work.
    Tasklist/svc would have shown us what processes are running on your system, at the time of you posting it.

75andsunny said:
    This was suggested in post # 16.
    So yes, try Last Known Good Configuration.

5. 75andsunny

Yes I did disconnect them on Friday the other 3 monitors ,now with 1 and keyboard and mouse. I will try the last know good configuration now . Would it be good idea to re connect monitors for the last known good configuration ?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. blues_harp28

No, keep it to one monitor, one keyboard and mouse. until your pc is running better.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191314