1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Won't Load Websites

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheLucidDreem, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheLucidDreem

TheLucidDreem Thread Starter

For about 2 months now, my computer will enter a phase where sometimes it will work and sometimes it refuses to load any website, will then work properly, and will then refuse to load websites again. The problem persists for several days, sometimes beyond a week, then disappears for a while before coming back

I've tried using different browsers, updating my browsers, fixing the browser settings as each one suggests, updating Windows, and restarting the computer. The last time this happened, updating Windows fixed it. Now it's returned.

This is the error message I get when it refuses to load a site on Google Chrome:

This webpage is not available

The connection to ***whatever website URL I'm on*** was interrupted.

Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

First:
    Go to Start menu -> Run -> Type: cmd-> press Enter > n the search box type: ipconfig /flushdns

2nd: Open Internet properties in Control Panel > On the first tab select "delete browsing history" Check all boxes (except passwords if you have them stored) and delete.

Follow instructions to change your settings for windows 7:

Click start >then Select Control Panel

[​IMG]
    Click on Network and Sharing Center.

[​IMG]

Click on your primary connection or Local Area Connection under 'Active Networks.'

[​IMG]

Click Properties (Windows 7 may prompt you for permission to make network setting changes.)

[​IMG]

Highlight 'Internet Protocol Version 4' and click Properties.

[​IMG]

Click the radio button 'Use the following DNS server addresses:' and type in OpenDNS' addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.

[​IMG]
    Make sure Automatically detect settings

Then try to restart and open browsers if this doesn't work let me know. I found a very insightful site that can be a fix for you as well if my first idea didn't resolve your issue here's the link: http://www.cytraxsolutions.com/2009/10/internet-connection-problem.html

3. ringowheelin

ringowheelin

Might be shooting the obvious but I want to help. Is your connection wireless? If so whats the signal strength? Also, are you using Norton?

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

No thats a good question ring. TheLucidDreem what virus utility are you running?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice