1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wont read any cd/dvd's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jsmason00, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsmason00

jsmason00 Thread Starter

Haven't done anything new lately that would cause me to think of a reason for this major pain in my rear. Of coarse the very day I bring home Operation Flashpoint ( a new game ) my stupid cd/dvd rom on my HP laptop stopped reading. It just keeps asking me to retry. No visiable problems in device manager. Were else might I look for the root of the problem? Thx

2. slipe

slipe

If you remove it in device manager and reboot it will load new drivers. They could be corrupted.

3. jsmason00

jsmason00 Thread Starter

I DId that ...still messin up. WHEN you goto device manager and select to dvd, then click properties, then settings, is this what you should see?

Options:

Disconnect (checked)
    Sync data transfer (unchecked)
    Auto insert notification (checked)
    DMA (checked)

Removable and Int 13 unit are shaded

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice