Won't reconize cd-rom when trying to install win95

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

webthegreat

I've already downloaded and tryed the win98 boot disk and it doesn't give me any options it does make the cd-rom drive r:/ but when i try installing from it, it says that you need windows to run this file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Sounds like you have an upgrade disk instead of a full installation.

You need the Real mode drivers for your CD-ROM which can be download from the vendor's web site. Another option is to use the Windows 98 boot disk, copy the Windows 95 CD onto the hard drive, and install it from the hard drive.

Bryan

Bryan
Can you post the exact word for word error message you get when trying to run from the r:\ drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online