Word 07 Section Margins

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

parttimetechie

Banned
Hey All,

I am trying to help my dad with some flash cards he is making. On my Win 7 32bit PC if I open his file on my computer it prints fine. If I try to print the file on his Win 7 64bit machine, a box pops up an says the margins for section one are incorrect would you like to continue..or something to that effect.

Any idea why it would print fine on my machine but not on my dad's? They are both professional machines, and the printer is the same for both computers.

Any help is appreciated.

Just a guess, but it could be because the two printer drivers are different (one 32-bit driver, the other a 64-bit driver).
That's the only difference I can see might be the reason, but I couldn't explain exactly why that would cause it.

parttimetechie

Banned
Ya, thats my thinking too is that it is because it is 64bit but I don't see why that would change anything. I installed it the exact same way.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The two different drivers have a different "Hardware" margin defined. Some of the 64 bit drivers are based on a "Generic" spec that will cover several more different printers. This way one driver is all that is needed.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You might try the OEM of the printer and see if they have a new driver.

This margin that you are having issue with, is the Defined printing area, and is normally based on the area needed for the side rollers to grasp the paper as it feeds through the printer.

parttimetechie

Banned
Could it be there is a problem because I am trying to make 3X5 cards instead of a regular piece of paper? But if so, why only on the 64bit machine?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
SAME reason, the 64 bit driver is different from the 32 bit and the designer has screwed up by using a wider margin to cover other printer models with the single driver.

You really need to check with the OEM of this printer and see if they have a true 64 bit driver designed for this printer, or are they using a Generic one, to cover several models.

If you told us the make and model of this printer, then we could have already check this.

Also, are you both connected to the same printer, or do you 2 have 2 printers of the same make and model?

parttimetechie

Banned
I've been there. The printer driver is for windows 64bit, not windows 7. And I don't see what the print utility will do to help, but I'll give that a shot.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Having read further, I see that Epson has provided these drivers to Microsoft and are included with the OS. This tells me that Epson wrote the drivers to cover several models and you see the results. These printers are no longer being made and are being supported on a limited bases. So I do NOT expect you to ever find a fix for this, other than fix the "Flash Card" file so it will print put the way you it to on the 64 bit machine, and then transfer a copy to the 32 machine and see what happens.

parttimetechie

Banned
Actually Epson IS still selling the C88+, which is what confuses me about it. If they are still selling it, you would think they would have got a 64bit win 7 driver for it..but no.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
They are most likely just selling the stock that they and the suppliers have on hand.

parttimetechie

Banned
I guess that is possible, but I highly doubt it, since it is a very old printer and is still being sold online from Epson.com. Unless they have a LOT of stock, which is not usually the case, then they must still be making the printer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online