1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2000/2003 protection compatibility

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AcornIT, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AcornIT

AcornIT Thread Starter

I have created a document in Word 2003 with the header and footer protected from editing but with the main body being editable.

This works fine in Word 2003 but anyone opening up the document in Word 2000 cannot edit anything!

Is this just an incompatibilty issue or is there a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

2. jimr381

jimr381

The selective editing was put in the 2003 version and is incompatible from what I have seen with the 2000 version. Maybe one of our VBA experts knows how to lock the Header/Footer.

3. AcornIT

AcornIT Thread Starter

Thanks. An alternative solution that will work in both 2000 & 2003 would be appreciated. I've done a little VBA but by no means an expert!

Otherwise I'll just have to upgrade everyone :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/620323