Word 2000 acting bizarre

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCK

I've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week. I'm using Word 2000 with XP. Basically, every time I try to open a saved file, the files lose all their formatting; they're converted to Times New Roman 10 pt, single-spaced lines. And after the text is a bunch of stuff related to where the document was saved, who the computer is registered to, and other such things. To give you an idea, I copied this paragraph into Word, saved it, and then reopened it and I got this:

I've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week. I'm using Word 2000 with XP. Basically, every time I try to open a saved file, the files lose all their formatting; they're converted to Times New Roman 10 pt, single-spaced lines. And after the file is a bunch of text related to where the document was saved, who the computer is registered to, and other such things. To give you an idea, I copied this paragraph into Word, saved it, and then reopened it and I got this:
Normal
Normal
Default Paragraph Font
Default Paragraph Font
Style 2
Style 2
Body Text 2
Body Text 2
KYLE WALRATH!C:\Music\My Documents\Example.docÿ䀁老o
Unknownÿ!
Times New Roman
Times New Roman
Symbol
Symbol
PI've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week
PI've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week
KYLE WALRATH
KYLE WALRATH
KYLE WALRATH
KYLE WALRATH
I've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week
KYLE WALRATH
Normal.dot
KYLE WALRATH
Microsoft Word 9.0
I've been having this problem lately; it's only been happening for around a week
Root Entry
1Table
1Table
WordDocument
WordDocument
SummaryInformation
SummaryInformation
DocumentSummaryInformation
DocumentSummaryInformation
CompObj
CompObj
ObjectPool
ObjectPool
Microsoft Word Document
MSWordDoc
Word.Document.8
Needless to say, this is a very frustrating problem, and any help is appreciated.

First Name
Anne
Hit File-Open.

Please change the Files of type to Word documents instead of Recover text from any file...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online