1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2000 and Address book

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by xraylady65, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xraylady65

xraylady65 Thread Starter

When trying to print mailing labels. I put all my addresses in the Microsoft works 2000 address book, I can not get word to use that address book. how do I get it to use it. you can contact me directly through yahoo messenger with this same ID. I do much better with one on one direction than to follow out written directions. Thank you very much.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I don't think you're going to get that to happen, xray. Here's what I'd do:
    Try saving that address book as a CSV (comma-delimited) file. I don't know what format Works puts the files in, but Works isn't compatible with much of anything...

3. xraylady65

What is a csv file and how do I do it...

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Open the *database* and hit File-Save as. See what the different options are. Is CSV one of them?

5. xraylady65

When I open up the address book, under file I have no save as option.

6. xraylady65

Do you use any of the messengers.. i am xraylady65 on yahoo.... xraylady49677 on msn and 36888338 on ICQ

7. Dubtub

Dubtub

The same problem was reported by alamal to whom I made the following reply -"I had the same problem after Windows 98. The Microsoft Tech people tell you that the Address feature does not function on current versions. If someone can tell me or alamal how to address an envelope from Works Address Book, I certainly will be grateful. I have spent endless hours ploughing through Microsoft Tips, Forums etc. etc. and still feel that it is not possible now as it used to be with '98 versions"

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice