Word 2000, clip art & labels

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anne Troy

Anne
Ted, if you're creating a sheet of labels, like to have address labels with your logo for a mailmerge, just type the word GRAPHIC (or similar) into the Label box. Then copy your logo from where ever. Hit ctrl-h (find/replace), type GRAPHIC into the find and in the replace with box, type:

^c

(the code for the contents of the clipboard).

Also, to properly place a graphic into ANY table (labels are created using Word table layouts), you must have the format of the picture to be IN LINE WITH TEXT, not on top of text. So if you're gonna copy it, copy it AFTER you set that option, not before.

Let me know if I didn't make sense.

Anne Troy

Anne
Just read your question again, LOL.

What do you mean without moving text? Do you want the image BEHIND the text? You can do that by right-click, format picture, text wrap-behind text.

tedhopkins

dreamboat; I am trying to create a page of business cards with a picture to the left side of the text, pic inserted from clipart. As soon as I insert the picture the position of the text shifts, up, down, wherever. In word 97 there was an option under picture wrapping of "none" and the text stayed put. That option is not listed under format-picture-layout in word 2000. Can you help?

Anne Troy

Anne
I beg to differ. Word 97 used something they called "float over text".

In 2000:
If you want that you have to click on the picture, hit Format-picture. Click on the Layout tab and choose "In front of text". That's the same as "Float over text" was in 97

Anne Troy

Anne
Why don't you email me what you have, Ted. You'll have it back soon enuf.

What you need to do is separate the table cells, and that can be a bear for someone who hasn't worked with Word much, particularly tables. I'm quite familiar with them. I can set you up a layout, just scan a mockup and forward with your logo. Or lay it out/describe it as good as you can. I'll set it up and you can fix it when you get it back, or maybe you won't need to fix it at all.

techsupportgirl@home.com

I don't personally like downloading yet another software program when I know the one I have will do it and I just don't know how to make it work.

mAX, IF YOU READ OR POST HERE, IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO YOU THAT DREAMBOAT IS NO "STRANGER"...SHE'S VERY HELPFUL AND TRUSTWORTHY.

:cool: Not a prob., DB. You have been extremely helpful each and every time..."Starnger"? HA!:eek: "A day at a time"...some folks will wear tinfoil hats, ya know, DB? :D

Fair enough (both Max and DB)...just wanted to kinda stick up for DB a bit (as she did for you, Max!)

Case closed. Thanks!

I have followed the instructions here, but it is just not working. I have inserted a clipart, formatted it "in front of text," cut and pasted it, but it is formatted as "in line with text"! Have I done something wrong??

Anne Troy

Anne
Drawings must be "in line with text" when you insert them into labels.

This usually creates a problem with the text in your labels. Best thing to do is create a blank label sheet, select one of the columns of labels, then Table-Split cells and split each cell into two cells. Put the pix into the left-hand cell.

The whole workaround depends greatly on the desired outcome. Where is the picture going? Above the addresses, to the left, right?

Then it comes down to the labels. If you're using them for mail merges, it's a whole new ball game. It would literally take me hours to explain how to do this. If anyone wants a sample file, let me know where to position the graphic, and whether it's a mail merge (and the field names you'll be using, etc., etc.) and I'll be happy to create one for you. dreamboat@nni.com

Sorry, Dreamboat, but you have lost me. I am more interested in learning how to do this, then to have the final finished product. I work as a trainer, and would like to show a class how this is done.
I have split a blank labels page, but how am I supposed to get my addresses into the cells now??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online