1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2000 - file size explods!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by azstyx, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azstyx

azstyx Thread Starter

My doc was 733KB and contains some inserts of small gif photos. All of a sudden I opened the doc to make some text changes and I start getting the message "There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture".
    I made a small text change and saved the doc and now it is 3.5MB in size! and I cannot see or display any of the embedded gifs?
    What happen? Is there any way to recover the doc?
    Thanks!
    styx

2. HeddaLora

HeddaLora

Open the file in WordPad. This will give you the text of the file.

Then save it as a new Word doc (or copy and paste the content into a new Word doc).

Check your attachments (the graphics) and see if they are huge or not. If they are huge, then optimize them before attaching them. If you don't have a tool to do this, there are some online freebies on the internet.

3. azstyx

azstyx Thread Starter

THX!!! great ...I was able to recover the guts of the document in wordpad!
    Styx
    :)
    thank you so much!

4. HeddaLora

HeddaLora

You're welcome ! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/333577