1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2000 Mail Merge Output

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by likes2drive, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. likes2drive

likes2drive Thread Starter

I was wondering if it is possible to do a merge where instead of outputting to a document where each record is on a seperate page, but rather, each record is it's own document.

For example, if I have 12 records in my database, I would like 12 documents after the merge. So instead of having one document with 12 pages, I'll end up with 12 documents with 1 page each.

The other alternative is to be able to save each page of a multipage document in a separate file for each page.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

2. Rockn

Rockn

I am sure you could do it from Access alone and output the fields into a preformatted document that would create a new doc for each record.

3. lynn_victoria12047

lynn_victoria12047

Yep!

In your Word Document You must do this....

Dear Mr. (MailmergeField)LastName:

blah blah

PageBreak

Dear Mr. (MailMergeField)NextRecord LastName:

blah blah
    PageBreak

You will find the Next record field to insert under the Word Fields drop down. I do this all the time. if you have more questions just ask.NextRecord

4. lynn_victoria12047

lynn_victoria12047

Yes, while that advice will put each document on it' s own page... it will not open up seperate instances of word for each record...
    however if you visit this website... and download code sample #24, it's pretty self explanatory, and the instructions are very good...

http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm

good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/86917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice