1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2000 - Making Flash Cards?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by McStagger, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McStagger

McStagger Thread Starter

I need to make study cards (flash cards) using Word 2000 with the question on one side and the response on the other. I think I can do this by using the “Envelopes and Labels” option under the “Tools” menu, but I’m not sure if this is the best and/or only way?

I’ll have to make in excess of 100 cards (most likely 3 X 5...I haven’t bought the card stock yet). Is there an automated way to do this? Do I just make one file with all of the questions and another with all of the answers and then print the first file, reload the cards and print the second file on the opposite side?

I’m really a novice at Word so any help would be greatly appreciated. If there are any tutorials on line that you know of, feel free to point me to one of those.

Thanks in advance!

McStagger

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Maybe you could use a Word (table) document as the basis for a mailmerge. The table could have 2 columns, column1 = questions, column2 = answers. So you'd merge first using the first column and run the cards thru the printer, then again using the second column and run the cards thru other-side-up.

There's a default index card size (4 x 6 in.) via File -- Page Setup. Mailmerge in 2000 is far more straightforward than in later versions, IIRC -- see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/index.htm for details.

3. McStagger

McStagger Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply bomb #21.

I'll do a little reading and see if I can get it figured out.

McStagger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice