1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word 2000 or wordperfect?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cstultz, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cstultz

cstultz Thread Starter

I have just purchased a new computer for my parents. it came with windows xp home edition. i thought i would install my copy of office 2000 small business. However i noticed it already has wordperfect 12 installed. which is better? word 2000 or wordperfect 12?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Word.
    Of course, I wrote a book on it, so...

But seriously, they will have fewer compatibility problems with Word.

3. tbritches

tbritches

Why not keep both on the computer and let your parents decide which they would rather use? Word compatibility is only needed if they would regularly exchange documents electronically with Word users. If that is not a part of what they plan to use it for, then which program they use really does not matter.
    Personally, I think WordPerfect is the better program. It has a WYSIWYG environment. Reveal Codes allows you to see and control what is happening in a document. Macros are not included in the documents, so there is no worry of macro viruses.

Let them try both and let them decide.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    tbritches: Quite right. Keep both!

5. jmosmith

jmosmith

I liked WP better, but that was because I knew how to code in it and could use it very efficiently, also it was easier to write scientific formula's in WP than in Word some time back. But I use Word all the time now, and have learned how to turn off most of it's annoying features, the way it tries to read your mind and "guess" what you are trying to do, and then just does it for you automatically,... can be rather frustrating, it always is to my mom. Let them use both and they will settle on the one that suits them best. No problem there.

J

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  7. tbritches

tbritches

cstultz mentioned parents. Ya wanna bet one will like one and the other lik the opposite?

8. cstultz

cstultz Thread Starter

im not sure either one of them will be able to use either one of them. I am familiar with word 2000 more so than wordperfect. i think the last time i used wordperfect was wordperfect 5.0.

9. tbritches

tbritches

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice