Word 2000 settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kb-r

Hi all.

It's a bit of a rant - sorry.

Microsoft Word has been part of my life since I first touched a keyboard - who can avoid it?
But I am at screaming point.

I spend hours (alright, minutes) telling it that I don't want silly cats helping me, or my spelling and grammar checked as I type, and that I - and only I - shall decide if I am typing a list, or indenting, or bulletting...

I shall decide whether or not I wish to highlight a single letter, word, or paragraph, or wish to start a word with two capital letters, but I like having text boundaries and do cut-and-paste in my own fashion....etc etc etc

I'm sure you get the picture. And all these options are available - at the clicking of countless tabs - on wizards and panels that seem often to have no relation to their function, and thus have to be searched for.

And then? Well I open Word, and Bingo! Everything is back to Mr Microsoft's "Settings for people who don't want to do their own thing"!

I have written macros, saved and destroyed and moved templates, reinstalled MS Office tools, killed silly dogs and cats, reformatted stylesheets... All to no avail.

Sometimes, my preferences seem to "stick" for a while, but once I have relaxed and am feeling secure - back it goes to (Microsoft) normal.

I accept that it is I who am doing something wrong, or failing to do something right , and that there must be a way of saving all these things as "default". Perhaps, even, a means of applying all these settings with a few clicks from a saved pro-forma/template thing, when they become lost. But I don't know how.

Can someone help me? Or should I look at other, simpler word processing software, in which case does anyone have a recommendation?

Regards,

kb-r

kb-r

Well, the matter seems to have resolved itself... This seems to happen, that if I reset it all often enought it "sticks".

Oh well....

kb-r

Well, I fixed it - only trouble is I haven't a clue what I did... Oh well, next time, I'll take notes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online