1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WORD 2000 SR-1 Pasting Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lightglobe, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightglobe

lightglobe Thread Starter

Have been having problem when copying from Internet sites and pasting into Word. It had always worked very well, but lately it has been hanging and could take over 30 second to paste, then on other times it just hangs and goes on and on and on.

I was going to uninstall it, but then I would have go to MS site and download all the updates, which would take forever.

Any thoughts and thanks!

2. pip22

pip22

Please don't double-post - be patient!
    See your later post for help.

3. letchworth

letchworth

Not sure what you mean about downloading all the updates- I use Word 2000 as well [for some things- but prefer OpenOffice]-- I probably have just updated it along the way.

Something I do to copy from websites [this only works for the text portion] is that I highlight and copy the website---- then open Notepad and paste the clipboard there--- then highlight all the information now in Notepad-- and paste it into Word or OpenOffice. This serves to remove all the formatting and just transfer the text portion directly into Word. And can be accomplished with just a few keystrokes once information has been highlighted and copied--- past into Notepad with <Ctrl><V>, highlight everything in Notepad with <Ctrl><A>, and paste it all into Word with <Ctrl><V>

This works great for copying recipes, paragraphs, or extended text-- however, if I want the photos I copy them separately & paste them where I want them.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but hope it is of some help
    letchworth

4. lightglobe

lightglobe Thread Starter

Sorry for delay in answering, but I didn't know that you have replied. I must have forgotten to CHECK to advise me when a comment comes in.

Thanks for that and I will try by PASTING to Notebook, then REPASTE into Word.

Sometime ago, when I was having problems with WORD, I uninstalled it and then went through downloading all the UPDATES from the MS site for WORD 2000 SR-1.

Thanks for your reply, but I might try the recipes, because I am looking for good healthy recipes to start my step off of eating wrong and start eating right.

Regards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice