1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WORD 2000 Toolbars ... how do I reset them?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gary R, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

For some reason Word2K has dropped several of the icons in the Toolbar & replaced them with others ... for example, the sheet of paper with one corner turned down, open a folder, 3.5" disk "save" icon, the window which shows what size the page is in percent, and a few more have vanished, and one of the 'new' icons is for the "Highlight Marker" which was NOT there till this problem erupted...
    :
    HOW do I get the Default toolbar back! By default I mean the one that is normally set up when Windows 2000 is loaded onto the HD for the first time?
    :
    Will I have to delete, then reload W2K? :( AND, if so can the "My Documents" folder and ALL contents be saved to a CD? I have about 15Mb of items in that folder I don't want to lose...

2. RandyG

RandyG

Go to View, Toolbars, and make sure that Standard and Formatting have a check mark by them, and no others, unless you use them specifically.

The highlight marker is on the Formatting toolbar

3. Whinyguy

Whinyguy

At any time you can also right click while on the toolbar which brings up the list of toolbars you want to show. At the bottom is "customize" which will allow you to specify any individual icon you want to add or remove to an existing toolbar. While in the "Customize" dialog box you can click and drag any item found in the "Command" tab to the tool bar and it will be added. Similarly you can drag any item in your toolbar back down to the command items and remove it from the toolbar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice