1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by big mama, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. big mama

big mama Thread Starter

please tell me what's wrong. I am using windows and office 2000
    and have been for over 12 months but as of today when i try to save it won't let me. if i try to save to my documents it says
    save failed due to out of memory or disk space
    (C:\...\My Documents\)
    if i try to save to afloppy it says disk is full or too many files are open . The only file open is the one i'm trying to save and the floppy is a brandnew empty one. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It probably still needs hard drive space for file cache

Can you check how much hard drive space you actually have, and post back here?

3. big mama

big mama Thread Starter

my C drive shows capacity 37.2 GB. Used 3.72 GB. Free 33.5 GB

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  5. big mama

big mama Thread Starter

I've printed the clean your pc instructions but i'm not sure what to do because when i hit Ctrl-Alt-Del i dont get anything that says task list or a button that says end task could you explain please?

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You have told us you are using Office 2000, but not which version of Windows.

The Ctrl - Alt - Del for task manager is specific to some versions of Windows only.

What version do you run? (Remember Windows is entirely separate from Office)

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    If you're using Windows XP, that part is not as important...just skip it.

8. big mama

big mama Thread Starter

I'm running windows 2000 pro.
    The only thing that i have not been able to save is word. I've tried saving excel and others and have had no trouble at all.

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  10. woderwick66

woderwick66

Dreamboat does it again,
    How do you do it?
    New to windows 2000 myself and had previously used 98. Didn't know win 2000 was also naughty with those temporary files.
    You must be on steroids or something.
    Still whatever it is keep taking it, it's really useful for the ning nongs in the normal world.
    Sorry to interrupt someone else's thread but thought it might help a new member to know that they are not alone with this one.

11. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Thanks woder. Truth is, up until last May, I did software support over the phone for big companies. Before long, all that technology will have been replace, and my brain will be out of date--at least in the troubleshooting areas. It is kind of funny. There's bunches of people out there who know "how to", but not "how to fix". I've got Office 2003 installed. It's not looking pretty. I'll probably fade with that one... They've put so much crap in it that I cannot imagine the average Word user using...much less the other apps. Thanks for your kind words. ;)

12. woderwick66

woderwick66

You'll never be out of date for me Dreamboat!!
    I'll bet you are already making short work out of the tragedy of the new software version.
    You're quite right though; without the "fix it" family of knowledge the newer versions of software are always strange logics for progress.

big mama, i think the "task manager" button is the one that will display your task list. Worked for me and I found 319 temporary files.

It may not be this, as Dreamboat pointed out, but she has an uncanny knack of providing knowledge that can't be found anywhere else. Maybe that is why she is one of my favourite people. If this is not your problem the forum will soon find what it is. Sometimes it's the process of ruling things out that makes for the most effective form of help.

Lots of luck, big mama, Win 2000 does seem to be more stable than Win 98. Hope you find your problem soon.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice