1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2002 Page Setup Changes in Documents Based on Templates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Wingingby, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingingby

Wingingby Thread Starter

I created a template for a e-document format of paper width 5.5 by paper height of 8.5. The margins all around were .75 except for the top margin.
    Then I called it up and saved it as a word document or perhaps I had to save it as a rich text document. I don't think Word wanted to allow me to save it as a word document. I typed in my text. Great! I have something suitable for epublishing format.

But to save a lot of paper in editing, I called it up and charged the margins in Page Setup. Fine. Except the right margin in print preview still is 5.5. That is obvious. I am unsure about the other margins. Why can't I change how the document looks and will print to 8-1/2 by 11 so I can write, edit, and then change it back to the epublish format?

Plus, will I have trouble changeing the first line indents into tabs, which are required for e-publishing formatting?

What is going on with documents based on templates and formatting changes?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Nothing, wing. It's something between the keyboard and the chair.

:D

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. You set the doc up to be statement size. Then you saved it as Rich text? Whatever for?

And then you changed the margins, but it didn't change anything?

Tell us:

1. What was the paper size when you first set it up, and what was the paper size after saving as RTF?

2. What were the margins before and after?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice