1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 and docs open slowly

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jiowa, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiowa

jiowa Thread Starter

Hi Gang,

I have a new Vista Premium OS that opens everything fast including Word 2003.
    I installed new HP Printer drivers (got on CD from HP) for Vista.
    Now Word program and the docs open very slowly, like 2 minutes instead of a few seconds.

So I guessing it has to do with the new printer drivers and something they did to Word or share with Word like fonts?

Do I need to reinstall Word or drivers or correct registry or ?

This is a home system, no server or network so printer is local.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Are the drivers for this printer available on the HP website? If so, try downloading and re-installing them from the website instead.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. jiowa

jiowa Thread Starter

Hi Rollin,

The HP site drivers didn't install correctly so HP sent me a CD which did install correctly.

By the by, Vista did recognize and install the printer driver by itself without the CD. But I also wanted the Toolbox software, which is the computer based interface to operate the additional features of fax, copy, and scanning. So to get that I need new drivers as mine (CD) would not work on Vista.

Today I uninstalled the all the printer drivers and rebooted. Now Word works like it did before, it opens in a few seconds as do the documents, so the additional drivers are causing the problem in some way. HP's response it to ask Microsoft for tech help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice