1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 and Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dboiler, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dboiler

dboiler Thread Starter

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

The whole office suite runs fine on Windows 2003.

3. dboiler

dboiler Thread Starter

Yea, I know but there seems to be some question with Terminal Services enabled.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Never seen a problem on it in this office and we run Terminal Services. I use it all the time through Remote Desktop without a hiccup.

5. dboiler

dboiler Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for your input. I didn't think I'd have a problem but I know if you install Office, for instance, on a machine that does not have Terminal Services enabled and don't start any of the apps, ie; Word, Excel, etc., and THEN enable Termial Services and then try to open Word or Excel for the first time, they hiccup and ask you to reconfigure Office for operating with Terminal Services. They eventually open but you have to go through several clicks on "OK". Annoying.

Thanks again Stumped.

Dave

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

NP at least here all I see is the standard first user login prompt for initials box but thats it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice