1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003: Change author of tracked changes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by CreepinJesus, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CreepinJesus

CreepinJesus Thread Starter

I'm filling out a small questionnaire for an itnernship with an IT company. The last question has me stuck:

"b) A user is using the Tracked Changes feature in Microsoft Word. However, all of his/her tracked changes are labelled as Administrator (initials: A). Please indicate how you would change the user's information; alternatively, please provide a website where a procedure can be found"

I've searched in the Word help files and had a quick go on Google, but nothing has helped so far. What I'm thinking is that the question doesn't want me to change the author's name in the tracked changes, but merely enter User Information (in Tools > Options > User Information). Would comments and changes be entered under 'Administrator' with initals 'A' if no user information had been entered ?

Thanks in advance.

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

"Tools">>"Options">>"User Information" is where you will setup the editor of the document. You were correct in what you stated. ;) It typically uses the User Name for tracking changes and the User Initials for the comments.

3. CreepinJesus

CreepinJesus Thread Starter

Thanks for your help! I get to talk to the interviewer as I give in my answers so I can always discuss with him afterwards if it not 100% correct. Still, I wouldn't have thought you could change who wrote a comment or made a change...

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    You are changing it for future changes. In some environs the IT staff logs in as admin to install the applications. It then takes the login name as the user name and grabs the first letter as the initials. If they miss this they might leave this for a user and as such will have that for all of their comments or changes when tracking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/639955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice