1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 Closes when I close a document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gleng, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gleng

gleng Thread Starter

This has just started happening to me. Whenever I have a document open, and select File / Close document word closes out the document and the application also closes.

Any suggestions?

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. gleng

gleng Thread Starter

Thanks for the article, unfortunately it is in all documents.

4. dawgoner

dawgoner

I have a Dell with Word 2003 and I've had this problem from the get go, except that I didn't know it was a problem until now. Since my computer was brand new and it was doing that, I figure that's the way it was supposed to be. Well, now I know better, only how do I fix it?

Mine is in all documents too....

I will follow this thread with much interest....

5. gleng

gleng Thread Starter

Well, I am glad to see that I'm not the only one having problems with it. Anyone have anymore ideas?

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Long shot - Find and remove ALL occurances of normal.dot

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I have release 11.6113.5703

and it does not happen to me.
    I thought it was the windows in taskbar settings, but it doesn't seem to matter.
    Also, when I go to Tools-Templates and Addins, I have NO global templates or addins loaded down in the bigger box. Perhaps you do?

8. tazeman

tazeman

I'm having the same problem, too. I wondered if it was related to the fact that I use Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook -- Word stays "open" there. I also have problem activating Word from my Office task bar when Outlook is open.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice