Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word 2003 Forms being used in Word 2007; And Creating New

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  newbytechie 
#1 ·
I just started using Word 2007 and am having some difficulty adjusting to the changes. Unfortunately this is the software I am stuck with and no upgrade to 2010 is possible.

Specifically, I have created a lot of forms in Word 2003 by using text boxes to be filled by the user. I've also used links and references so that the user doesn't have to re-type some of the duplicated information throughout the form.

After creating these forms, I protected the documents and other people within my organization use them as templates. These forms need to be uniform throughout the department.

Several problems. I'm having a hard time familiarizing myself with Forms in Word 2007. Another issue, is that I can't get the Forms Spell Check to work like it did in Word 2003. I want my users to be able to check the protected portion of the document. They also need to be able to unprotect the document if they have to make some changes in the form.

It would be very helpful if there was a Word 2007 guide that explains the differences from word 2003 and offers an interactive training.

I'm desperate. Can you help me?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the information. This helps give me an overview of the differences.

However, I still need help with:

1. How to create user friendly protected documents that can be unlocked and locked as the user needs. this was a function in Word 2003.

2. how to use spell check in my protected document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.