1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 Normal Template

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RGHmktg, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RGHmktg

RGHmktg Thread Starter

I've customized the blank "Document 1" which auto-opens, and I've customized my toolbars after a new install with W2K. But, one setting won't take: I'd like that blank page to open in the "Fit to Window" view, but that setting doesn't update/save in normal.dot. When I save it with another name as a .dot file, rename normal.dot, and name my new file normal.dot, it preserves the view setting but loses my custom toolbars. How do I preserve my toolbars, document settings, and view setting all at the same time?
    Bob

2. caraewilton

caraewilton

I have tried to do the same thing. My solution was a little messy but works. I created my own template, in my case courtney.dot, then edited my word shortcut so it runs the courtney.dot template. Solves the problem sort of:)

3. RGHmktg

RGHmktg Thread Starter

Cara...you solved my problem. Thanx!
    Bob

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  5. caraewilton

caraewilton

Reference:
    http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=65

Very Neat. Could you use a similar code to set the default language to english(UK) regardless of what the original document uses?

Especially want to get away from english(US). This is a major problem as no matter how many times I set the default language to UK including ticking the box not to revert to the original language, US takes over sooner or later.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, Cara!

So glad there's some more Word-literates at TSG. :) Believe it or not, there was a time when I was the only one!

Anyway, do you need code to do that? Can't you go to Tools-->Language-->Settings and tell it NOT to automatically detect....?

Otherwise, go on over to VBAExpress.com forum (I created it!) and ask in the Word forum there. Fumei will likely help with whatever you need. :)

Good luck!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice