WORD 2003 - Setting tabs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vgmanvg7

I am running WORD 2003 with a Windows XP Pro version 2002 OS. All virus and spyware protections have been in place, and my system is clean

I do not know how to set the default TABS settings so that all subsequent lines in a bulleted or outlined paragraph (indented) will correctly align and wrap -- with each line indented the same amount in a straight and consistent left margin.

Each new line of such an indented bulleted or numbered paragraph goes back to the far left margin for the page, and I must manually indent each line with a new tab keystroke. Once the paragraph is set, as soon as I try to insert or delete another word, all of the text in that paragraph shifts around with open spaces and gaps, weird indents, and underlining in open spaces at the left margin.

If I send such a WORD document to another person, they have the same problems trying to format that document (not their own originals documents).

I have read the Windows Help tabs, which are not helpful or easily decipherable to me.

I would appreciate anyone's helpful suggestions.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online