1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 Text to Mailmerge macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Reoryn, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reoryn

Reoryn Thread Starter

Was wondering if anyone could offer a bit of help on this one - it's been a while since I've worked on macros and I'm struggling to find anything close to this online.

I've got a whole bunch of documents that contain text strings, such as ~[name], ~[gender] etc. These letters are being migrated to a new system that uses MS Word mail merge and as such, I need to convert these from just text place holders into Mail Merge fields. Macroing turning the document into a MM is easy, but it's the replacement I'm having an issue with. They map across to different things so I appreciate I'd have to set what each one would map to, but I'm having trouble since Find and Replace won't insert mail merge fields.

So for instance, I might want to replace all instances of ~[gender] in document with a proper mailmege field of <<sex>>, and then repeat that for 30 or 40 other fields in the letters.

I appreciate this is a bit of an ask, but if anyone has a sec I'd really appreciate it :)

Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice