1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word 2003 will only start in safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by boriken, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boriken

boriken Thread Starter

Hi all,:confused:
    I can only start word 2003 in safe mode. I was told to upgrade adobe which I did, I reenstalled word I did things I cant even remember. Somehow word started working again, then it quit. I removed, then reenstalled that cursed program today and it started working again.
    I tried to find normal.dot. unsuccesfully I may add. " I followed everybodys including M.S. instructions to no avail. Anyway just in case "murphy" comes back to haunt me in the quise of word I would appreciate it if someone might give me some advise as to how I would find normal.dot
    etc,etc.etc.
    Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

2. Nettsy

Nettsy

Search for it on your C:\\

Or alternatively it normally sits here - c:\program files\microsoft office\templates

3. boriken

boriken Thread Starter

:)I used the search feature and found it, actually two versions of it, one with a squigally mark in front of it. probably a renamed copy.
    Well thanks for taking the time to answer my post. word is behaving for now.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice