Word 2003 Window restores itself when opening addtional document

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rikku

If I have a Word 2003 document (or two or three) minimized and I open an additional Word document, one of the minimized windows restores itself. It seems to be the document that was opened most recently.

In any case it results in an extra window being shown on my screen and I was wondering if there was any way to turn this 'feature' off?

I tried it on multiple computers and they all behave the same way.

Office Pro v. 11.6113.6360 on Windows XPsp2

Thanks much!

Rikku,

for what it's worth I get that also!

and sometimes, when I double-click a word doc to automatically open it in Word, it opens minimised in the task bar and I have to click it twice to reveal it - the first click looks to open it and minimise itself again.

lol
Hew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts