1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2003 Woes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sweetnest, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetnest

sweetnest Thread Starter

Hi

I am having a problem with my Microsoft Word 2003. I was not the person using the computer when it got messed up, nor was I the first person on the computer after it got messed up. Unfortunately this makes me of very little use as to what was done to get here (the person using the computer "did nothing" before it got all messed up.)

Here is the history of my problem:
    This computer is on a network. All other computers on the network are fine and are able to open all word documents, even word documents that are not recognized by this computer.

Whenever you exit word, The message "The file Normal already exitsts, do you want to replace the existing file?". You can replace or not and the same message always will pop up when exiting word.

When you go to open a document stored either on the server, or on the C drive of the computer it says "The file ______ is not available." I can open these documents with Note Pad on this computer, and I can get at and edit and save all of these documents off from every other computer in the network.

I am totally lost, and was not able to do a good search on Microsoft Support to help me out. Does anyone know why this is occuring? Would it help if I ran a hijack this? Where do I go from here?

Thanks a lot for your help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice