1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 Crashing when saving document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by decmedia, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. decmedia

decmedia Thread Starter

Hi,
    We are using Word 2007 in Vista. We have never had any problems with it since installing in 2007. Last week, I was saving a document and it opened the target folder as usual and just froze. There was no error message. The busy icon was on screen but nothing was happening. I couldn't access anything else. I had to restart using Ctrl-Alt-Del. This has happened a number of times. By default it is saving docs as .docx. I hope this is enough info. As we are typical in size of a small business, it needs to be sorted asap. Thanks for any suggestions. :confused:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Where are these files being saved?
    Being a small business, are you on a Network and the files are being saved to a server?

If so, then the problem may be on the server.

3. decmedia

decmedia Thread Starter

Hi Dave,
    We are on a server, but the files save by default to local C drive. It is being saved by default as a .docx. I am trying to upload the capture.

Attached Files:

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would cancel out of this and just not try and recover the file.

You need to go to the Folder that this files is being saved to and remove ALL temp files from there. This will delete the recover process. Until these file are cleaned up or the file is totally recover with out issue, you will continue to have this problem.

5. decmedia

decmedia Thread Starter

Hi Dave,
    I will try that when I get down there, thanks - fingers crossed! :eek:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice