1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word 2007 document properties

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by higginsbl, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

I believe that the document properties in Word 2007 (especially author) is being picked up from the login name in windows XP. I know how to change the document properties on a single document, however, I would like to know how to change the document properties for WORD -- period. In other words, I don't want my login name to be the author, I want my REAL name to be the author. Also, my company name is NOT in my login info, so there is no company coming up, I would like to change these properties so that everytime I start a document it's already there. So far everytime I change the properties, then close the document and start a new one, it goes back to the original. (I assume this problem is being perpetrated throughout the Office Suite...)

Is this an option?

Thanks for any information about this you can provide,

2. The Villan

The Villan

With Word 2007 open and maximised, click on the Office Button, top left of sceen.

Bottom right hand coner click on Word Options

Click on Popular

In the section Personolize your copy of Microft Office, put the name and intiails you want to appear in your documents.

Click on OK

Close Word 2007

Open Word 2007 and try inserting author into a new document.

You should find it works OK

3. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

Yes, that indeed solves the author problem! Is there a similar way to be able to keep the other fields in the document properties section permanent (ie: company, etc)?

Thanks!

4. The Villan

The Villan

Click on the Office Button, top left of sceen.

Select Prepare, Properties

Click on the dropdown icon to the right of Document Properties...

Click on Advanced Properties...

Select the Summary tab and Bob's yer uncle i.e. follow your nose :)

Hope that helps

5. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

I have tried that multiple times. It will only work on the document that I am using at the time. After I close word, it's gone. In fact, sometimes it won't even put in what's there to begin with! :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice