1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 does not print in Vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by singhvi, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. singhvi

singhvi Thread Starter

I have Vista 64bit Ultimate and Word 2007. The printer Samsung 1510 is recognized by Vista and I am able to print web pages fine.
    However when i try to print from Word, the printer is seen in the list of available printers but the document fails to print. When I click Find Printer in the Print dialog box, there is an error "Active Directory Domain Services currently unavailable."
    What should I do?

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Disregard..missed the part where it works on the web...sec while i find a different link for you.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

4. singhvi

singhvi Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I did see that link before posting my question here.

However, that link is about using word and then printing to another printer on the network. My problem is that I cannot print from Word to the printer that is attached to this Vista 64 Ultimate machine. Anycase I did go through the adding the printer as a network printer, but still no luck. Word documents are sent to printer, but they do not print.
    Help!!
    Anil.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!