Word 2007 Font Sizes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geoffatmhg

I have recently started to use Word 2007. Specifically I am editing 2 documents side by side. I edit from the right and drag the edit words into the document on my left. Always, the text that has been "dropped" comes up as 10.5 or 12.5 in font size, having left the source page as a whole font size! There is no indication of such a font size and I need to alter it every time.

I have looked at the Word Options - Advanced Options but can see nothing about my problem. I have checked the template and it is fine.... no half size on the Normal.doc.

Any thought would be appreciated. TIA

Geoff

muppy03

Chris
ok using word 2003 here so I am not going to be exact with the wording but I am sure the same thing will work.

If you go in format then choose font there should be a box that shows you what the font is set as, then as you say there is a drop down box with whole numbers to choose from.

In the initial box , lets say it says 12. you can change the by typing over it to 12.5 or whatever you want. you can then set that as your default.

geoffatmhg

Thanks I am aware of that. Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. The font size that results from my dropping in the revised text into my new document is always in a half (point five) size. It leaves my source document as a whole number. Its not the end of the world to alter it as you say, but it is very annoying.

What is the default font in your Normal.dotx template? Check to see if it isn't something with a 12.5 size.

geoffatmhg

Have checked and it is definitely Courier size 10. No half sizes present anywhere in the drop down font size menu!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online