1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 how do I fill in & print a form?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ron40, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

I have a standard form that must be filled out & mailed for each patient in order for me to get reimbursed. I have scanned the form to a jpg format & would like to be able to "fill in the blanks" with Word 2007, print out the completed form & retain a copy on my PC for each patient. Can that be done? This would save me a lot of trouble.
    Any help appreciated.

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Ron,
    It can't be done if you've scanned it as just a picture, but if you're able to scan it with optical character recognition (OCR) then you might be able to copy it into Word or edit the jpg itself. You can download IrfanView, which is a free graphics program and it has an OCR plugin. But if the form is not very long or very complicated, you'll probably have better luck just recreating it in Word. OCR can be unreliable depending on the quality of the scan and you may do just as much work cleaning it up as you would retyping it. And of course the best option would be if you could contact the form originator and get it electronically. They may already have it in Word which would save a ton of time. Hope that helps.

3. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

Hi Wendy:
    I heard about someone who did it with ms word but I don't know any more than that. I did some Google searching & at the least it's not easy, One site described a method using headers, which can be moved behind or in front of pictures but it looked very complicated. I think I'm going to give up because even if it can be done it's probably too much work. Thanks for your help.
    Ron

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

No problem, and I understand completely why you wouldn't want to take it on. It can be done, but you're right that it's not easy. It might still be worth a shot to reach out the originator of the form and see if they have it electronically though. The worst they can say is no. :)

If you're satisfied this thread is resolved, please mark it Solved using the button at the top of the thread. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice