1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007, Insert Caption pop up field

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RichardJohansson, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardJohansson

RichardJohansson Thread Starter

Please help!

When I select Insert Caption from the toolbar, or right click Insert Caption, that field inserts a figure number, but the caption field (at the top) does not let me populate a figure title. I cannot enter data as I usually do. And, the figure number does not populate in this field as it normally does. This is an important document, and there are many users. We are all frustrated!

Thank you for your expertise.

Rich

2. Abe999

Abe999

In the caption dialogue box click the New Label... button and create your label, but don't include the numbering. The numbering ( or lettering if you choose that ) is automatically added to your "label" to create the "caption". That's why you can't directly edit the Caption text box. Word keeps track of the numbering for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice