1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 Insert Shape

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by md2lgyk, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2lgyk

md2lgyk Thread Starter

I'm new to Word 2007 (and not yet real happy with it). The documents I create for work contain lots of shapes, mostly arrows and text boxes. I click Insert>Shapes, select arrow, and insert it where I want it. Is there some way to make Word remain in the "insert" mode so I can insert a bunch of shapes without having to click three times for each one?

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Morning md2lgyk,
    When you insert a shape, does the ribbon switch to the Format tab, where you can change the color and style of the shape? If so, on the far left of that tab you should see a box with all of the shapes in it. You can click and insert them at will from there, without going back to the Insert tab. Hope that helps.

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk Thread Starter

Yes, it does. I just never noticed that box on the left. Not exactly what I was looking for, but a lot faster nonetheless. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice