1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 macro erroring bad param name

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by srichardson, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srichardson

srichardson Thread Starter

Hi all

I have office 2007 and windows xp, if i create a really simple macro with the following line in it

Word.Options.ReplaceSelection = true

I get an error 4120 Bad param name. All my other macro code works fine so i have the permissions set up correctly for that. Its just with 2007 i get this error, Office 2003 and earlier versions are fine. I have kind of run out of all options and wanted to see if any of you guys could think of any reason why this would fail in 2007.

Thanks a lot

2. artur02

artur02

3. srichardson

srichardson Thread Starter

That has worked!

I cannot thankyou enough! We have spent a week trying to figure out why on a customers computer two lines of a macro do not work, yet on earlier versions and on different customer machines it works fine.

Thankyou for saving my Friday evening!

We actually got so out of ideas that we ended up this morning paying for a MS technician to help us look into it. We tried ourselves comparing every property in word options but I guess we just ignored that one thinking it would have nothing to do with it, typical!

So for anyone else out there who hits this issue:

When using office 2007 always make sure you set the initials and user name settings on the install. Otherwise you may spend many long days trying to work out why your macro will not work on a machine!

Once again thankyou

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!