Word 2007 - Mail Merge Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

commander

Hi

We have just moved from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and I am having a slight problem with mail merge. Whereas with 2003 when selecting the source data (Excel 2003) I was able to bring it in as DDE, now the only option I have when bring in the data (Excel 2007) is to select OLE Database file. Whilst this does work, the merged fields especially currency amounts, do not retain their formatting, but when I used to bring them in as DDE they did. I know I can go in and amend the field codes to put it back, but I would rather not have to.

Is there some setting somewhere I need to change to get the DDE option back?

Thanks for your help

Peter
UK

commander

Thanks for that Anne. I had in fact found that link some time ago when using Word 2003 and a printout was in my crib list.

The problem is that in Word 2007 the option to use DDE just seems not to be available. Can it really be that it has been taken away? Why would that be?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online