Word 2007 Mail Merge problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gcalhoun

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the below message when I try to access my Outlook contacts while selecting recipients using Mail Merge in Word 2007?

Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source.

I could do this no problem from Office 2003. A couple of users here can do it in 2007 and a few of us can't. Must be a setting of some sort but I can't find it.

Thank you!

midders

Account Closed
Have you done a complete install of Office? It sounds to me like some of the data access components might not be present. Run the install again and check that you've got everything set to run from hard drive.

Sláinte

midders

gcalhoun

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Still the same error.

gcalhoun

Strangest thing... still not working. I find it odd that some users in the company can do it and others can't. I'm thinking that it must be a setting that has been turned off/on. I'll keep looking. If anyone has any other suggestion, I really appreciate it!

Have a good one....
G.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online