1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 Page Color Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ClassCoordinator, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClassCoordinator

ClassCoordinator Thread Starter

Aug 4, 2012
    I am having a problem changing the background color of a word document and I was hoping someone could help me.

I can change the color no problem by going to Page Layout, Page Color, and changing it there.

The problem is that while it does change it for most of the document, there's sections where, just behind what is written, the page remains white (kind of like its highlighted). If I select that portion, and change the highlighted color, it just changes what is directly behind the typing, leaving weird white blocks all over my document.

How can I fix this problem? I've tried everything, and searching online isn't helping me at ALL.

Thanks in advance!
  2. WendyM

WendyM Trusted Advisor

Jun 27, 2003
    Hi ClassCoordinator, welcome to TSG.

Are you able to post a portion of the document here for us to see what you're describing? If it's sensitive information, you can use fake text instead.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063802