1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 Ref Field will not format font

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mmbco, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmbco

mmbco Thread Starter

I am trying to use a REF field in Word 2007. The REF is Malename and is set to title case and the font is set to Arial Regular 12 however the first word comes out in regular font and the other words come out in bold. I cannot make them all go into regular font. I have others set for bold and caps and that works fine on both words however the regular font wont work. I have tried highlighting all the code and the space after (there is no space before as it is the first word after an autonumbered paragraph). I have even tried highlighting the whole document and ensuring it is not in bold however as soon as I fill in the field box the text comes back in bold (only the subsequent words though the first word is not bold as it should be!) Help I am tearing my hair out! Oh I have tried the *\charformat code too and that didnt work either. :eek::eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice