1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 remove header and/or footers COMPLETELY

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bobsc22, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobsc22

bobsc22 Thread Starter

I'm running Word 200 on Vista. I have a book - pages are 6 x 9.

I have a book with many sections. There are no page numbers for the first 6 sections. When I start the odd and even page numbers (they start at page 3), the odd pages are positioned in the footer correctly and increment properly for the rest of the document. But the evens, which are positioned correctly do not increment. They're all page 4. I called Microsoft 's Word 2007 free-for-30-days tech support (they're in India) and the guy spent two hours and couldn't figure it out. BUT I NOTICED AFTERWARDS THE FOLLOWING:

When the odd page numbering begins, THE HEADERS COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR. Not even their "shadows" are there. But I can't get the even headers to disappear. Or the footers to disappear.

1) The reason why I want the headers to go away is that it may make the even page numbers work like the odd page numbers.

2) Or, failing that, if I can get the footers to disappear I can definitely lower the margin, since I will have freed up that space -- and I can enter the page numbers by hand. The page numbers can be no higher than .5 from the bottom. But the closest I can get them now, lowering margins, is about 7/8" (.875).

Can either the headers or the footers be deleted entirely --like you could do in earlier versions of Word?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice