1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2007 Startup Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by aldago, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aldago

aldago Thread Starter

I was using Office 2007 for a period of time and then stopped for a couple of months. Now when I go to use any of the office applications like Word I get a popup saying that MS Office is being configured. Halfway through I get the message: Error 1907. Could not register font. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to install fonts and that the system supports this font. Don't understand because Word was operable so there should be no font problem and I am the administrator and sole user of this machine. Anyone know how to fix this???

2. RrK-e-Typ

RrK-e-Typ

It is possible that a dll file or some other critical component is missing. I may help to reinstall the software and key. That would be the easiest fix. It may have been deleted accidentally with some spyware or adware / antivirus program or even manually (human error, hey it happens). Try the reinstall and I am sure that will solve the issue. Other wise contact the microsoft website. I have been using Word 2007 for about two months now and have not had any such issues.

3. WAJ0606

WAJ0606

4. aldago

aldago Thread Starter

I'm sure that a reinstall will fix the problem. On the other hand, I can use everything normally in Safe Mode and no reconfiguration window appears when Word is opened. I'd like to find out what's causing the problem when I don't use safe mode. There's obviously a conflict occurring somewhere. Anyone know what Safe Mode turns off??

5. RrK-e-Typ

RrK-e-Typ

It turns of all non essential dlls. Only the files used in startup and system files are loaded that will allow you to potentially fix a problem. Fonts would be non essential as only one or two basic fonts would be loaded. It seems a little odd though that you would be able to run Word in safe mode. Do you have access to all fonts in safe mode?

6. aldago

aldago Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks all for your responses. My problem has been solved but I'd like to make some comments. As for the last response from RrK-e-Typ, I'm wondering if I've confused the issue. It sounds like you're thinking that I'm opening Windows in Safe Mode. I apologize for not being more specific. I'm not using Windows Safe Mode, I'm opening the Office applications in Safe Mode. So I'm using Word Safe Mode or PowerPoint Safe Mode and the programs open normally. And I've tried various operations in those programs and all seems well. For example, all of the font is available. I thought I'd post in case I was lucky enough to find someone that had an immediate solution. What I should have done initially, and what solved my problem, was running Office Diagnostic Mode from the Start menu. I just did that and it found one error which it corrected thus solving the problem. Thanks again everyone.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice