1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2010 textbox and picture delete issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by teckytrainer, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teckytrainer

teckytrainer Thread Starter

Ok so I am using Word 2010 and I have a document template that has textboxes in it for placing photographs in. Simple enough to insert a picture into the textboxes, BUT what happens if I want to remove or delete a picture from one of the textboxes because I have made an error choosing the wrong photo or something? It deletes the picture AND the textbox! Surely there is a way (aside from using the undo button, which is not always practical) to be able to remove the picture and leave the textbox behind.

Please help!

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Word is not the 'friendliest' to work with but I cannot reproduce it here.

I put a textbox in a document and a picture in the text box, just click the picture, press delete and choose a new one to insert (when in the textbox) no problem.

I attached 2 documents, one in 2003 and the same saved as 2007/2010

Maybe the textbox frame is too tight around the picture frame so when you think you selected the picture, you selected the texbox frame, then of course all is deleted

Attached Files:

3. teckytrainer

teckytrainer Thread Starter

That's really weird, because even when I put in a super large textbox and then insert a picture, it seems to resize the picture automatically to fit the textbox. I think it must sort of link them or something. So when I go to delete the picture, everything goes, textbox and picture.

Do you think it could be a setting within Word2010?

Thank you for your help with this.

:eek:

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    There are options what does what.

You should see if the textbox option says something about stretching the image.

I don't know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice