1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2011 doc view not full page

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by verbalista, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

In my older version of MSWord, the document on which I was working appeared on my monitor in the same size as an actual page. Now, what shows up is smaller, unless I go to full screen view, where it's larger and where I can't work on it. I'm a writer, I want to know the feel of the actual page.

Does anyone know how to change the document view to show the page as it will actually look? I tried print view, but, it doesn't do that.

Thanks so much, there's probably some simple fix that I'm overlooking. I can't believe the whole app is designed without that basic capability.

2. Rockn

Rockn

I am sure your monitor is probably larger than the actual 8.8 x 11 or other size page you are actually working on. THe screen resolution will always scale it to the screen size, not the actual page size of a piece of paper.

3. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

If the page were scaled to the screen size while I'm working on the document, it would be larger than 8 !/2 by 11...not smaller. When I go to full screen view, it IS larger. I don't want larger, I don't want smaller, I want 8 1/2 by 11, so I can tell how legible it is, how well the font is working for my project, etc.

Thanks for replying...I'm still looking for that, I can't believe it isn't an option in MSWord 2011.

4. marksm

marksm

Why not you manually customize page according to your requirement by using zoom in/out feature and same in case with text size. If you are talking about "Full Screen Reading" feature, it shows fixed default size page which is look like real page size.

I am using MS Office 2007.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice