1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2013 suddenly now have collapsible Headings - how to remove

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kramerica, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kramerica

kramerica Thread Starter

(n) Hi all

I’m using Word 2013 and have just now discovered that a few of my (long) existing Word documents contain various lines which are configured with collapsible Headings (how they got in there, I’ve got no idea) and until a few days ago I had no idea what a collapsible heading even was.

Now, I know how to revert the text back to the way it was and get rid of the arrow, but whenever I disable the “collapsation” the whole title loses its bold formatting and changes the font size. I can only perform the ‘de-collapsation’ process wherever it appears in the document, does anybody know whether it’s possible (and how to) remove all instances of collapsation throughout the entire document simultaneously and without changing any existing formatting?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you are in the web/email forum and your title is for an email client program

but the question is about word???

is that correct? if so i will changer the title and move the thread

3. kramerica

kramerica Thread Starter

Hi Etaf

Yes you're right I posted this message in the wrong area - feel free to move the thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice