1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 2016 left margin changes on my form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PatColucci, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatColucci

PatColucci Thread Starter

I imported a group of cells from Excel 2016 into a Word document in Word 2016. Under the Developer tab in Word, I added a Text Form Field under the Legacy Tools toolbox. I locked the rest of the form and I can see that I can then only type in the Text Form Field box I created. That works correctly.

When I hold down a key and fill the Text Form Field box, my right margin stays but my left margin and bottom of the text box move so that the words wrap (as I'd like) but the data in the locked area to the left of the field get distorted as the Text Form Field fills with data.

I don't know how to stop this but I know that it can be stopped because this is the second form I have created in such a manner and the first form behaves correctly. On the first form, if I hold down a key and fill the box, the words wrap but the left and right margins stay and the bottom of the text box only gets bigger (not the left side as is happening on my second form as I described above).

I have hovered over the left and right margins and when I get the double line to move them in and out, I have moved both and then one or the other at a time in and out and it doesn't fix the issue.

I also tried using the first form (which works correctly), deleting the existing data in it and importing the new Excel cells into it. The same issue happens. I don't know what I did on the first form to lock the left and right so data only expands downward.

Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice