1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 95: Strange Fonts in Header and Footer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tobrien, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobrien

tobrien Thread Starter

Windows 95, Word 2000, a saved network document - when I type in the header or footer field it puts squares instead of the letter I'm typing. If I try it from a different computer it works fine. The settings for Word on both computers seem to be identical. Any ideas??

2. ofeelmeup

ofeelmeup

first see if it works while logged on a different user. If it still doesn't work export the registry section hkeylocalmachine\software\microsoft\office from a machine that it works on, then import the reg file on the machine that you are having the problem

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    More than likely, your normal.dot file is using a font in the header or footer that does not reside on your PC. Close Word and rename your normal.dot file to abnormal.dot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/45853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice